Train Birthday Party
Train Birthday Party Ideas & Decorations
Every little boy wants a train party at some point in his preschool years. Luckily this is an easy party to decorate as there are 100'as of products made specifically for this type of party. Store with a few products and then make the party unique using some of our tips.
Balloons are an essential part of any party. If you're throwing a
Thomas The Train party then use red, blue and yellow balloons (these are
the colors of Thomas The Train party supplies). If your focusing on
trains but not Thomas in particular then choose any color balloons. Also purchase a couple balloons shaped like a train car or caboose.
Get the birthday child into the theme. Dress him or her in a conductor hat, bandanna and whistle.
Decorate the tables with white tables cloths.
Tape black streamers down the middle of the table cloths to resemble
train tracks. Put small trains on the track.
Make crossing lights using lamps with red and green bulbs.
Use a scene setter to bring your theme together. Not only do scene setters polish off your theme but they also serve as great photo backdrops.
Train Scene Setter
Train Birthday Party Invitations
Create a train ticket as the invitation. Be sure to include text similar to:
We're Having a Party to Celebrate ______'s Birthday!
Departure Time: (Party beginning and end time)
Station: (The party address)
Reserve Your Train By: (include your RSVP date and phone number or email address)
If you want to include that food will be served then include: The Dining Car Will be Serving Lunch and Cake.
Train Birthday Party Activities
Set up a train set for the kids to have free play.
Coal Pile Up
- Divide the kids into 2 teams.
- Give each team 1 bucket.
- A distance away have a pile of coal (use aluminum foil scrunched into
- Have each team race to fill their bucket with coal. Each child
runs to the coal pile, picks up 1 piece of coal and runs back handing
the bucket to the next person on the team.
- The team with the most coal
at the end is the winner.
Conductor's Egg Toss
- Use a conductors hat and plastic egg.
- Divide the
children into teams of 2.
- Each team gets 2 conductors hats and 1
- Have the children in each team of 2 stand a distance
apart. Have them toss the egg back and forth catching it in the
conductors hat. After each round move the teams further apart. A team
is out if the egg touches the ground.
- The team that lasts the longest
without dropping the egg wins.
Ride the Train
- Play like musical chairs, but line the chairs up in a
row to resemble the seats on a train. Remember to have 1 less chair
- Play music. Preferably a train song for example, I've
Been Working on the Railroad. Start the music and have the children
circle the chairs. When the music stops the children must sit down.
- The child without a train seat is out.
- This game can also double as the party favor.
small toy trains around the party area.
- Set the kids loose to look for
the trains. Once they find a train they are done and have there prize.
- Be sure to have enough trains hidden so that each child gets a train.
Red Light, Green Light
- Have the kids line up holding on to one another from
- When you say green light, the train (the kids) start moving.
- When you say red light the children must stop in their tracks
child still moving or making noise after the red light are out
Train Birthday Party Food
Serve round sandwiches and call them wheels. Donuts can also serve as wheels.
Traditional party food is fine such as pizza, chicken nuggets and french fries.
Return to Creative Party Theme Ideas from Train Birthday Party
Return to Clever Kids Party Home Page from Train Birthday Party