Toy Story Party
Toy Story Ideas and Decorations
What child doesn’t want to spend their birthday with Woody, Buzz
Lightyear and the whole Toy Story gang! Planning a Toy Story party for
your little one is sure to be a hit.
We all know Woody is a cowboy and Buzz Lightyear is a space traveler so
whether you mix both themes or choose just one decorating for this
party is fun and easy.
1) Use cowboy hats as centerpieces. Tie balloons to the hats to make them more festive.
2) In place of traditional party hats give the
guests cowboy hats to wear. Hand out sheriff badges for the kids to wear
on their clothes.
3) Use "cowboy" rope the same way you would use
streamers. **Note: Rope can be a choking hazard. Be careful to tack
the rope well so that the children can't pull it down.
4) Use red bandannas in inventive ways (such as napkins, liners for trays, chair bows).
5) Use the green plastic army men as decoration. Line them up on the tables, put them on the food trays and so on.
6) Use a pink piggy bank as a keepsake for the
party. Provide slips of paper and have the guests right a short note to
the birthday boy/girl and put it in the piggy bank. If the children
are young and can't write on their own, then have an adult help them
write their name. This will be a cute keepsake for your child to look
back on when they are older.
Toy Story Party Invitations
If you are going to make your own invitations than a Cowboy Hat shaped
invite is a cute idea. Be sure to attach string to the hat for the tie
to make it authentic.
Toy Story Party Activities
Woody's Hide and Seek
- This is hide and seek with a twist. Appoint 1 child as Woody
and the other children have to hide.
- As Woody finds each person they
join Woody in finding the remaining children.
- The last one left is the
winner and gets to be Woody!
Woody and Buzz Dress Up Relay
- Divide the children into teams of two. One team will be Woody and one team will be Buzz Lightyear.
- Put 2 piles of clothing at the opposite end of the
room from the children. 1 pile of clothing should be cowboy clothes
(jeans, cowboy boots, vest, etc.) and the other pile should be space
ranger clothes (such as snow boots, puffy parka, a helmet, etc.).
- 1 child from each team runs to their pile of clothes
and must put on all the items. They then run back to their team and
remove the clothes. The next team member must put the clothes on run
back to the other end of the room and remove the clothes.
- The relay
continues until all the children have had a turn. The team that finishes
Hot Mr. Potato Head
- Play like Hot potato. Have the children sit or stand
in a circle and pass Mr. Potato Head around while music plays.
is holding Mr. Potato Head when the music stops is out.
- The last child
standing is the winner. Note: play music from the Toy Story movies.
The little aliens couldn't wait to be chosen by the claw. We've put a twist on the claw.
- You will need a bucket filled with something squishy
like cooked spaghetti or macaroni, add the green army men or something
small like marbles to your concoction and you'll need a blindfold.
- Put the "something squishy" in the bucket along with the green men or marbles.
- Blindfold each child before they take their turn (great way to use red bandanas).
- The blindfolded child gets 10 seconds to try to find
an object in the bucket using the claw (which happens to be their
- If they find an object they get a prize.
Note: The kids will think its loads of fun to put their hands in something slimy.
Toy Story Trivia
- Have the kids answer trivia from Toy Story 1, 2 and 3.
- In the Toy Story movies the toys have to freeze
whenever people are around, so why not make your guests freeze.
- Have an
adult stand at one end of the play area with his/her back turned to the
- The kids have to try to reach the adult while his/her back is
- If the adult turns and catches a child moving they are out.
Toy Story Party Food
Star Sandwiches (using a star shaped cookie cutter)
Serve onion rings and call them "Saturn Rings"
Serve hot dogs and call them "Slinky Dogs"
Buzz Space Punch (Any punch with an odd color such as neon or green)
Baked cupcakes flavor of your choice
Neon green food coloring
Small white marshmallows
Green jelly beans
Green gum drops
- Add a few drops of neon green food coloring to white frosting. Then ice the cupcakes.
- Use 3 small marshmallows for each cupcake. Place them next to each other to create the eyes of the Toy Story Alien.
- Add 1 dot of black gel icing to each marshmallow for the pupils.
- Add one green jelly bean to each cupcake at the top of the head
of the alien to make the antenna.
- Make the ears using green gum drops.
- Use the M&M as the mouth.
Return to Creative Party Theme Ideas from Toy Story Party
Return to Clever Kids Party home page from Toy Story Party