Thomas The Train Party Supplies
Thomas The Train Party Supplies, Ideas & Decorations
All aboard for fun! Thomas The Train and Friends are VIP guests at this train party.
There are tons of Thomas The Train party supplies available for purchase. Choose some of these themed products for your party. T
It wouldn't be a party without balloons. For a Thomas party use bright blue, red and yellow balloons.
Get the birthday child into the theme. Dress him or her in a conductor hat, bandanna and whistle.
Hand out whistles when the guests arrive. Tell them every time they catch a fellow guest jumping, sitting
with legs crossed, yelling (or whatever action you choose) they should
blow the whistle to win a prize.
Draw tracks leading to the front door. Have a sign on the door that says "Welcome to the island of Sodor!"
Put wooden Thomas tracks down the center
of the kids tables and provide trains for the kids to use on the tracks. Or
put butcher paper down the middle of the tables and draw train tracks.
Thomas The Train Party Supplies & Favors
Anything train related is a fitting favor for this party such as toy
trains, train stickers, train coloring book, Thomas the Train DVD (look
on eBay for discounted prices) and so on.
Set up a train set for free play.
- Play train music and have the children pass a Thomas the Train.
- When the music stops the child holding the train is out.
Read a Thomas the Train Engine book.
Boarding Pass Prize
- Prior to the party create a boarding pass with a number for each child.
- Attach a string to the boarding passes so the
children can wear the passes around their neck or put very sticky
doubled sided tape on the passes so the children can adhere the passes
to their clothes.
- At the beginning of the party give each child a
boarding pass. Tell the children when their boarding pass number is called they get a
- Throughout the party, at random moments, yell out a
number that corresponds with one of the passes and that child gets a
prize. Make sure you have yelled out every number before the party is
- You will need empty shoe boxes (1 for each child).
If you don't have shoe boxes laying around then go to your nearest shoe
store and ask if they have any empty boxes.
- You will also need items to decorate
the boxes such as markers, paint, buttons, glitter, sequin, stickers,
- Put a small hole at each end of the box. You will string
the boxes together to make a train by putting the string through the holes. You will need a
long piece of string or rope that will fit through the holes.
- Tell the children to decorate their shoebox. Each box will be part of the train.
- When the children are done decorating string the
boxes together. Tie off the ends and leave a long piece of string at
the front to drag the boxes.
- Let all the children have a turn dragging the train around the party room.
Conductor's Egg Toss
- Use a conductor’s hat and plastic egg.
- Divide the children into teams of 2.
- Each team gets 2 conductor hats and 1 plastic egg.
- Have the children in each team of 2 stand a distance
apart. Have them toss the egg back and forth catching it in the
conductor’s hat. After each round move the teams further apart. A team
is out if the egg touches the ground.
- The team that lasts the longest
without dropping the egg wins.
Blindfold the Train
- If the party is outside draw a set of train tracks
on the ground using sidewalk chalk. If the party is indoors you will
need a large piece of paper to draw the tracks.
- Blindfold each child and spin them 3 times then tell them to chug down the tracks.
- Whoever chugs the farthest and is closest to being on the tracks wins.
Choose any food item that is round and call it a tire such as doughnut, mini pizzas, round sandwiches
Other traditional party food is perfect for this party.
Share your Thomas The Train party tips!
We would love to hear about your Thomas The Train parties! Share ideas, tips, stories, pictures and more.
Return to Creative Party Theme Ideas from Thomas The Train Party Supplies
Return to Clever Kids Party Home