At some point every child dreams about visiting outer space. They are captivated by space ships, planets and the thought of aliens. A space party is a great party for children of various ages because they all think about outer space in their own way. Whether they are imagining aliens and inter galactic battles like in the movies or interested in space exploration and astronomy.
1) Either purchase decorative planets or make your own foam or paper mache planets that you can hang from the ceilings. Making the planets can be a fun activity that will allow the birthday child to help participate in the party planning.
2) Stick glow in the dark stickers to the planets, walls and anything else so you can turn the lights out and see the stars.
3) Hang stars and rockets form the ceiling and put on the walls.
4) Create or purchase a star chart.
5) Science fiction posters are perfect for this party.
6) Decorate the tables with space rocks. Paint rocks different colors.
7) Have someone dress up as an alien and walk around the party and greet the guests when they arrive.
8) Use space themes balloons and streamers.
9) Cover all serving trays with aluminum foil.
10) Personalized space banner.
Goody Bag ideas - Space ship erasers, toy rocket ships, glow sticks, hi-bounce balls, space stickers.
Pin the Planet on the Galaxy
Rent an Astro Jump
Play a game of space trivia
Pin the Eyes on the Alien
Using a rocket shaped or star shaped cookie cutter to make sandwiches and cookies.
Serve guacamole dip with chips and call it moon dip.
Serve cupcakes with pop rocks on them.