Corn Tortillas (soft)
Cheddar, Jack or American Cheese
1) Shred or slice cheese.
2) Soften the tortillas in the microwave in the following way: layer the tortillas on a plate with a moistened paper towel between each layer, microwave for approximately 30 seconds or until tortillas are soft.
3) Place cheese on 1/2 of each tortilla and fold. Microwave until cheese is melted.
4) Open tortillas and add salsa or add salsa on top.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Quesadillas
Mini Marshmallows (optional)
1) Spread peanut butter on one tortilla and jelly on the other tortilla.
2) Put the tortillas together and place in a heated skillet over medium heat. If you are using the mini marshmallows then place them on the peanut butter layer before adding the jelly layer.
3) Cook 5-10 minutes until golden brown on both sides flipping occasionally.
2 Bags of corn tortilla chips
2 cans re-fried beans
2 cups grated Mexican mix cheese
1 diced onion
2 diced tomatoes
1 cup sour cream
1) Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
2) Pour each bag of chips on it's own baking sheet.
3) Evenly add the beans, cheese, and onions on top of the chips. Place them in the oven for 10 minutes.
4) Add the tomatoes and sour cream right before you serve.
1 Pound ground beef
2 Cups Mexican cheese mix
1 Cup mild salsa
1 Cup sour cream
4 (10 inch) Flour tortillas
1/4 Cup green onions (thinly sliced)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Brush tortillas with a little olive oil on each side and place on a baking tray.
3) Bake approximately 10 minutes or until crispy.
4) In a large skillet brown ground beef until no longer pink and drain.
5) Add salsa to ground beef and heat through.
6) Spread each crispy tortilla with a thin layer of sour cream. Top with ground beef and salsa mixture. Then top with cheese and green onions. Divide ingredients evenly among the four tortillas.
7) Put tortilla pizzas back in the oven and bake for approximately 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Cut into quarters and serve.
Try these great Mexican food for kids recipes!