You don't need to be a gourmet chef to prepare food for a birthday party. In fact, its the opposite! All you need to win a child over is simple and fun party food. Being creative can be easy. Kids taste with their eyes first. If the food doesn't look appealing then good luck getting them to eat it. Try creative and decorative food. If it's bright orange or looks like bugs they'll probably eat it!
Great Kids Party Food recipes to follow!
Check back often, we'll be updating this Kids Party Food page often!
Hotdog buns or hamburger buns
Condiments - Mustard, ketchup, relish
1) Cut hotdogs into long thin slices lengthwise.
2) Boil the hotdogs. They will curl while they boil.
3) Serve the squiggly worms on buns (hamburger or hotdog buns will work) with the condiments.
If you're throwing a Halloween party then check out these creepy, crawly, FUN Halloween Party Food Recipes!
Ice cube tray
Put the gummy worms in the ice cube tray and fill with water. Be sure
to have the worms spilling out of the top of the water.
2) Freeze into ice cubes.
3) When serving drinks use the worm ice cubes.
Note: You can also do this with Jell-O. Follow the same directions except use Jell-O mix instead of water and set Jell-O in refrigerator instead of freezer.
32 oz semi sweet chocolate
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
Sprinkles or Coconut, or peanuts (or topping of your choice)
1) Take 1 firm, ripe banana and cut 1 inch off both ends.
2) Insert the popsicle stick into the cut end, pushing the stick in halfway.
3) Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Place the bananas on the sheet pan and freeze for 1 hour.
4) Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and stir occasionally.
5) Once the banana's are frozen take one at a time and dip it in the chocolate to coat.
6) Then roll the banana in the sprinkles or topping of your choice.
7) Return the dipped bananas to the sheet pan and freeze.
8) Once bananas and chocolate are frozen they are ready to serve.
1/2 part Hawaiian Punch
1/2 part Ginger Ale or 7Up
1 quart of your favorite sherbert
1) Mix the fruit punch and soda together. Then add the sherbert.
1 Kiwi in chunks
1/3 cup mango in chunks
1/3 mango juice
1/3 plain yogurt
Add ice cubes (around 5)
Put all the ingredients in a blender for a couple minutes and serve.
1/4 cup butter
1 (10 oz., about 40) pkg. regular marshmallows or 3 cups miniature marshmallows
6 cups Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal
1) In a large saucepan, melt
butter over low heat. Add the marshmallows and continue to stir until
the marshmallows have completely melted. Remove from heat.
2) Stir in the Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal coating them well.
Using a buttered spatula or wax paper, press the mixture evenly into a
13 x 9 x 2 inch pan which has been buttered or sprayed with non-stick
spray or lined with wax paper. Allow to cool.
4) When cool cut into squares or rectangles.
Note: If you want to add a twist to the classic Rice Krispie Treat then drizzle with melted white or brown chocolate or frost.
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup Water
Any color food coloring
8 Wooden Skewers
1) Line two baking sheet pans with aluminum foil.
Slide 2 grapes and 2 strawberries on a skewer, be sure to cover one end
with the fruit. Repeat until you use all the fruit and skewers.
3) Combine sugar and water in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan, stir with a wooden spoon.
Bring to a boil over medium heat, stop stirring and continue boiling
until a candy thermometer reaches 250 degrees. If you don't have a
candy thermometer then drop a small portion of the sugar mixture into a
bowl of ice water and if it becomes hard the sugar mixture is done.
Will take about 7 minutes.
5) Remove from the heat and stir in a few drops of the food coloring. Carefully dip the skewered fruit into the sugar to cover completely. Transfer the dipped fruit to the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with the sprinkles if desired and allow to cool completely before serving.
Corn Tortillas (soft)
Cheddar, Jack or American Cheese
1) Shred or slice cheese.
Soften the tortillas in the microwave in the following way: layer the
tortillas on a plate with a moistened paper towel between each layer,
microwave for approximately 30 seconds or until tortillas are soft.
3) Place cheese on 1/2 of each tortilla and fold. Microwave until cheese is melted.
4) Open tortillas and add salsa.
Check out some other Mexican Food Recipes For Kids!
Bagels, cut in half
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Your choice of pizza toppings such as diced green pepper, chopped onion, pepperoni, sausage
Oregano & Basil
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Spread tomato sauce on each bagel half. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the tomato sauce on each half.
3. Add your favorite toppings.
4. Sprinkle lightly the oregano and basil on each bagel half.
5. Put the bagel halves on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for about 8 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
Mini Marshmallows (optional)
1) Spread peanut butter on one tortilla and jelly on the other tortilla.
Put the tortillas together and place in a heated skillet over medium
heat. If you are using marshmallows place on the peanut butter layer
before adding the jelly layer.
3) Cook 5-10 minutes until golden brown on both sides flipping occasionally.
2 Bags of corn tortilla chips
2 cans refried beans
2 cups grated mexican mix cheese
1 diced onion
2 diced tomatoes
1 cup sour cream
1) Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
2) Pour each bag of chips on it's own baking sheet.
3) Evenly add the beans, cheese, and onions on top of the chips. Place them in the oven for 10 minutes.
4) Add the tomoatoes and sour cream right before you serve.
1 Box Vanilla cake mix
1/3 Cup vegetable oil
24 Wooden sticks
1 Container frosting (any flavor)
1) Heat oven to 375°F (350°F for
dark or nonstick cookie sheets). In large bowl, beat cake mix, oil and
eggs with electric mixer on low speed until blended.
ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 3 inches
apart. Insert wooden stick in edge of dough until tip is in center.
3) Bake 8 to 11 minutes or until puffed and almost no indentation remains when touched. Cool 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Frost and decorate as desired. Store loosely covered.