Kids Birthday Party Locations
Find creative and unique kids birthday party locations and ideas!
The perfect kids birthday party location can vary widely depending on where you live and the type of party you are throwing. When picking a children's birthday party location take into account your theme, your child's favorite places and the predicted weather for that time of year. Also consider budget, accessibility for guests and any safety issues.
We've put together a list of ideas and suggestions to help you when choosing the perfect location.
Kids Birthday Party Locations For A Summer Party
The park is a great outdoor party location. When choosing a park consider the following:
- Choose a park that will allow you to reserve space. You want o make sure there is a designated area for you and your guests. First come first serve won't work for a planned party.
- If you plan to have any rented attractions you will need to have that approved by the park ahead of time. For example, if you plan to have a bounce house or ball bit.
- Be sure your area will have enough tables and benches. Otherwise you'll need to provide seating for your guests.
- If you plan to barbeque make sure the park has barbeque pits. If there are no barbeque pits then make sure barbequing is allowed before bringing your own pit.
The Amusement Park is a great party location. It provides built in entertainment.
- Many amusement parks have party areas you can rent that will provide food and seating for your guests.
- For a less expensive option many amusement parks offer a picnic area where you can bring your own food and picnic with you guests and serve the cake.
- Find out if your amusement park offers any passes for skipping lines or by-passing the crowds. Beating the lines on a hot day can sometimes be worth an extra fee.
The Zoo is also a great party location.
- Just like an amusement park the zoo will usually provide the party area and food or a picnic area.
- Some zoos will provide a tour for your guests.
A Dude Ranch - is another great location. If you have a Dude Ranch near you take advantage of it for your child's next party.
- The dude ranch will definitely offer pony rides so be sure this is included in your party package.
- Many dude ranches have western shows and often you can get your guests front seats included in your party package.
Kids Birthday Party Locations For A Winter Party
Roller skating rink, ice skating rink or bowling alley. These are all great party locations anytime of the year but particularly in the winter when the kids can't be outdoors. Having a party at any of these locations makes the planning process simple for you, most rinks and bowling alleys are equipped for kids parties.
- The venue will provide party space and food.
- Ask what packages they offer so you can pick the package that fits your group.
- Inquire about what decorations are provided and what you can bring into the facility.
- Find out if the equipment is included in your party package such as the ice skates, roller skates or bowling shoes for your guest.
- If you are having an ice skating or roller skating party for younger children find out how the facility will help this kids that can't skate. Will there be attendants available to help? Or will they provide skating frames/walkers.
The Gymnastics Center provides children with a safe place to tumble and flip.
- Make sure the facility you pick provides enough trainers and equipment for the amount of kids you will have. You do not want to have kids waiting in long lines to use the equipment or get help.
- Not all gymnastic centers are equipped for parties. So be sure to find out if your center offers a party room or food.
A Karate Center is a fantastic kids birthday party location.
- Many karate centers allow parties.
- They will provide a trainer to teach the kids some moves and do a few demonstrations.
- This type of party is great for the kids that are doing karate and an interesting knew activity for kids who have never done karate. It will keep everyone interested and active.
The Indoor Playground is extremely popular now-a-days. These types of venues seem to be popping up everywhere so there is certain to be at least one near you. Some indoor playgrounds that might be near you are Gymboree, Bounce U, Pump It Up and My Little Gym to name a few.
- These types of facilities are geared toward children's parties so they are bound to offer party areas and food.
- Check to see what type of decorations you can bring into the facility.
- Also, some of these playgrounds require specific footwear so be sure to list an special requirements on your invitations.
Other Fun Kids Birthday Party Locations
Children's Museum - The popularity of these museums for kids has sky rocketed.
- These museums typically cater to kids parties. Usually they will provide party space and food.
- You will not have to provide any activities as the museum will provide all the fun.
Your Club House is an often forgotten place. If your house isn't large enough and if you have a Club House in your community take advantage of it.
- Check with your condo association regarding availability and cost.
- Be sure you find out the rules on decorations and food.
A Bead Store is a fun place to have a party for a child that is into crafts. Search your area for a bead store that allows kids to design their own jewelry. Typically if they provide in-store activities for kids they will allow for parties. You'll be surprised how many beads stores have kid parties. Often you will have to provide the food and decorations, but they provide the space and activities!
Miniature Golf is a fun activity all year round since there are indoor and outdoor courses.
- Find a local course that has kids parties.
- Find out if you can rent the course for your party or if you have to share it with the public.
- Find out what the course will provide such as party space and food.
- Visit our Party Themes which we've created for our readers.
Return to Clever Kids Party Home from Kids Birthday Party Locations