Halloween party food should be creepy, crawly, scary and FUN! That's what kids expect at a Halloween Party. The creepier the food the more fun to eat! Halloween party food recipes are not only fun to eat but also fun to make. Watching your creations become scary, edible treats is fun. Find below a collection of Halloween treats you and the kids will love!
Water with lemon juice
1) Quarter the apples and take out a wedge in the center to create a mouth.
2) Dunk the apples in the water and lemon juice mixture to prevent browning.
3) Toasting the slivered almonds is optional, then place them in the jaw as teeth.
Green food coloring
1) Melt the Cheez Whiz in the microwave according to directions.
2) All the cheese to cool then stir in just enough green food coloring (3or 4 drops) to turn the cheese the color of pale green (just like snot).
3) Dip the tip of each pretzel in the Cheese Whiz to create the boogers. Dip several times until you get a lump of green cheese (boogers). Put on wax paper to cool.
Parmesan cheese or sesame seeds
1) Cut the breadstick dough into strips. Using a scissor, snip the ends of each strip into 2 pieces then roll them down to make the bone shape.
2) Cook the breadsticks. When done brush melted butter on them and sprinkle with parmesan cheese or sesame seeds.
3) Serve with marinara sauce (the blood!)
Mozzerella cheese sticks
1) Cut the cheese sticks in half.
2) At one end cut the tip at an angle to attach the almonds using the cream cheese.
3) Use a knife to cut knucke marks into the finger.
mini chocolate chip
1) Melt the white chocolate.
2) Dip the Nutter Butter cookies in the white chocolate and fully coat.
3) Attach 2 mini chocolate chips as eyes.
4) Put on wax paper to dry. These cookies really look like ghosts and taste delicious.
1) Pull apart the twizzlers so that you have strings. Then cut the strings into pieces to make the legs of the spider.
2) Stick the twizzler "legs" into the Oreo cookie cream.
3) Attach 2 M&Ms using peanut butter to look like eyes.
Hotdog or hamburger buns
1) Cut hotdogs into thin slices and score the edges (a couple cuts per slice).
2) Boil the hotdogs. They will curl while they boil.
3) Serve the squiggly worms on buns (hamburger or hotdog buns will work).
Dried apple rings
1) For each eyeball, flatten 1 dried apple ring with the palm of your hand.
2) Slice a dried apricot through the middle so that you end up with two circular halves. Press a half, sticky side down, onto the center of an apple ring, covering the hole.
3) For pupils, use kitchen scissors to cut a raisin in two, and press a half, sticky side down, onto the apricots.
1) Put gummy worms in an ice cube tray and fill with water. Be sure to have the worms spilling out of the top of the water.
2) Freeze into ice cubes.
3) When serving drinks use the worm ice cubes.
Check back for more creepy, crawly Halloween Party Food Ideas!