Christmas Party For Kids
Christmas Party For Kids Ideas & Decorations
The good thing about throwing a Christmas party for kids is that your holiday decorations double as your party decorations.
- Decorate your Christmas tree in time for the party. If you're using a color scheme on your tree carry that through out your party.
- Use festive paper products (cups, plates, napkins, tablecloths) such as holiday designs or green and red colors.
- Use small table top Christmas trees as centerpieces or poinsetta flowers.
- Wreaths aren't just for the front door. Hang a wreath or 2 on the walls.
- Decorate the stairway railings inside and out with holly and garland.
- Decorate the outside of your home with Christmas lights.
- A Christmas party for kids calls for outside Christmas decorations such as lawn ornaments and lights in the trees.
- Have the kids make paper snowflakes and hang them from the ceiling.
- Tie small candy to a wreath and have the guests take turns cutting off the candy for a sweet treat.
- Tie candy canes to heavy string or fishing line and hang like garland from the ceiling.
Goody Bags - When throwing a Christmas party for kids use stockings as your goodie bags and fill them with candy and small toys such as yoyos, bubbles, paddle sticks, balls and so on.
If you are feeling ambitious then put the names of each party guest on their stocking using glitter and glue.
When throwing a Christmas party for kids be sure to include a gift exchange.
- In the invitation tell each guest to bring a gift for the gift exchange.
- Put all the gifts in a bag and let each child pick a gift.
- Make sure you have a couple extra gifts so that everyone goes home with a gift even if a guest forgets to bring one.
- And be sure to find out if any of the gifts are gender specific.
- Prior to the party wrap a few small gifts such as a book, yoyo, doll or car.
- Have all the children sit in a circle then hand one wrapped gift to a child.
- Play Christmas music; when the music stops whoever has the gift in their hand gets to keep it.
- You should have enough presents so that each child gets one.
- Play the same way as Simon Says, but use Santa Says.
- Prior to the party hide non-breakable ornaments around the party area.
- Have the kids hunt for the ornaments.
- They get to take home what they find for their own tree.
- You will need 2 stockings and 1 stocking stuffer gift for each child.
- Divide the children into 2 teams and line them up.
- Place the 2 stockings on the wall opposite the teams. And place the stocking stuffers in a pile by each team.
- On go the first child on each team picks up 1 stocking stuffer and races to the stocking and places it inside. They then run back to their team and tag the next child. That child goes and the game proceeds until every child has a turn.
- The first team to stuff their stocking first wins.
Pin the Nose on Rudolph
- Played like Pin the Tail on the Donkey.
Candy Cane Hunt
- Hide assorted flavored candy canes around the party area and have the kids find them.
- They get to keep what they find.
- Add a fun craft to the party activities. Have the kids make paper chains and decorate them with stickers and glitter.
- You will need construction paper cut into strips (to make the links), glue, stickers and glitter.
- Kids love to sing and dance.
- Sing Christmas Carols with the kids and dance.
The Gingerbread Man
- Allow the kids to each decorate a gingerbread man cookie.
- Provide a gingerbread man cookie (not decored) and supplies to decorate such as icing, gum drops, licorice, life savers and so on.
Catch A Snowflake
- Separate all of the children into teams of 2.
- Have the teams stand a set distance apart.
- Give each team 1 marshmallow. They have to toss the marshmallow to each other without it dropping or melting. The last team standing that hasn't dropped or melted their marshmallow wins.
- It wouldn't be a Holiday party without Santa. Have a friend dress up as Santa and surprise the kids.
Also, visit our Party Games page with more game ideas for kids parties.
Food Holiday Party Ideas
When throwing a Christmas party for kids use Christmas cookie cutters to create Christmas sandwiches. Make your favorite sandwiches then cut them into Christmas shapes using the cookie cutters.
Hot cider or hot chocolate with whipped cream (not to hot for the kids).
It is perfectly fine to serve the usual party food at a kids Christmas party such as pizza, hot dogs and chicken nuggets.
Of course, some extra sweet things are necessary such as some fudge or brownies in addition to the cake.
Return to Holiday Party Ideas from Christmas Party for Kids
Clever Kids Party Home