Baseball Birthday Party
Baseball Birthday Party Ideas & Decorations
- For a Baseball Birthday Party coordinate your theme around the birthday boys favorite
team. If he doesn't have a favorite team then use your favorite or decorate in a general baseball theme.
- Purchasing baseball theme party supplies is the way to go in either your team logo
or general baseball decorations.
- Decorate with baseball pennants
and posters on the wall (your child's favorite player if he has one).
Balloons always add an inexpensive but huge design element. Use colors
that match your team or the decorations you purchased. Also, add a few baseball shaped balloons.
- Continue your baseball theme party by hanging a sports pennant down the back of each chair.
- Use styrofoam balls as place settings. Put the party guests names on them.
- Turn plastic baseball hats upside down and use them as serving bowls for snacks such as candy, chips and ice cream.
- Use baseball gloves as centerpieces with balloons tied to them.
- Give out baseball hats as party hats when your guest arrive.
- Have all the guests sign a baseball or glove for the birthday boy.
Baseball Party Favors
Goody Bag Ideas - use party bags and include baseball whistles, baseball cards, chocolate baseballs, baseball stickers, power bars and wristbands.
Baseball Birthday Party Activities
The activities for a baseball party vary based on the age of the birthday boy!
5 year olds
Create a crafts station and allow the kids to create their own pennants.
- Use felt paper cut out like pennants on wooden dowels and allow the
kids to decorate.
- Provide glitter, stickers, ribbons, markers, glue and
anything else you can think of to decorate with.
- Either put all the
supplies out for the kids to grab or create baggies with the kids names
and give each child their own supplies.
Play the same way as Hot Potato except
using a baseball.
- Begin play by placing all the
children in a circle.
- Have the kids pass a baseball around the circle as quickly as
- While the baseball is being passed, music is being played
(play baseball music like "Take me out to the ball park").
- When the
music stops whoever is holding the baseball is eliminated from the
- The last person in the circle is the winner.
10 year olds
- Hold a baseball trivia contest and give out prizes.
- Play a game of baseball.
Make Your Own Trading Cards
- Make their own personal trading cards.
- Take Polaroid’s of each
- Set up a crafts station and allow the kids to create trading
cards with their photo.
- Provide card stock paper. Have the kids paste
their pictures to the paper and create their own stats. Just like a
real baseball card.
- Baseball themed piñata.
- Use a wiffle ball bat as the piñata stick.
- Make sure you clear the area when each kid swings. You don't want any of the guests hit with the wiffle bat
- Give out baseball trading cards as prizes then let the kids trade each other for the ones they want.
- Using a balloon the children need to
pass it around and keep it from touching the floor. Use a water
balloon if you are outside.
- Use a softball or Nerf ball and have the
kids toss it either at a target (for older kids) or through a hula hoop
Visit our party games page with over 30 party games we have put together for our readers.
Of course a baseball party calls for hot dogs! Offer soft pretzels and chips with the hog dogs and your food matches your theme.
Frost a square or rectangular cake with green frosting. Use crushed
graham crackers or vanilla wafers as the baseball diamond. Pipe white
frosting to outline the diamond and make the bases. Add baseball toy
figure as desired.
A baseball party is sure to be a home run with your little one!
Return to Creative Party Theme Ideas from Baseball Birthday Party
Clever Kids Party Home