Alice In Wonderland Party
Every little girl loves Alice In Wonderland. Little girls are enthralled by Alice from the moment she falls down the rabbit hole. The larger than life objects, the colorful displays and the magical atmosphere make for the perfect party!
Alice In Wonderland Party Ideas & Decorations
Here are some ideas to use when throwing your own Wonderland party with the Mad Hatter, Queen of Hearts and White Rabbit in attendance.
- When throwing an Alice In Wonderland Party it is important to keep in mind that the more colorful and absurd the party decorations the better.
- Mismatch is essential for this party. Use mismatched tea cups and saucers on your table. Use tea pots to serve drinks, filling it with punch, juice or ice tea. The more colorful and crazy the cups and teapots the better.
- Use teapots as flowerpots on your table. Fill colorful and unique teapots with bright, vibrant flowers.
- Scatter Alice In Wonderland items around the table such as golden keys and chess pieces.
- Hang signs around the party area displaying "this way", "up", "down and so on.
- For party hats, provide the kids with an outrageous hat when they arrive.
- Make rabbit paw tracks and put them around the party area. Place them leading up to the buffet table or game area.
- Decorate the walls with playing cards.
- Buy a child's play tunnel from the toy store (the type of tunnel you typically see at indoor playgrounds). Place it at the front door and have the children go through the tunnel to enter. Place a sign that says "Enter through the rabbit hole".
- String jumbo playing cards to make your own streamers.
- If you're skilled at making a house of cards this is a good idea for a centerpiece. You'll need to make the house of cards and glue it together.
Alice In Wonderland Party Favors
Goody Bag Ideas
- A stuffed white rabbit
- A watch
- Alice in Wonderland Storybook
- Deck of cards
- Colorful paint set or magic marker set
- Heart shaped lollipops.
Alice In Wonderland Party Activities
- Prior to the party make paper top hats.
- At the party allow the children to decorate the hats using markers, paint, glitter, fabric, ribbon and so on.
- To make the hats take construction paper and cut in a circle.
- In the middle of the circle cut a hole big enough for a child's head.
- Using more construction paper, roll the paper to make a round tube shape. The tube should be slightly bigger then the hole made in the circle for a child's head. Staple or glue the ends together.
- Fold 1/4 inch of one end of the tube outward and staple to the round circle.
- Put several objects (around 15 - 20) on to a tray using objects reminiscent of Alice In Wonderland such as a key, chess piece, tea cup, rabbit, hat, doll, stop watch, and so on.
- The more absurd the objects look the better.
- Allow the kids 1 minute to look at the tray.
- Take the tray away and have the kids write down what they remember from the tray of objects.
- The child with the most correct answers wins.
- If you're having an outdoor party set up a croquet game on the lawn.
- Create a scavenger hunt for the kids and have them look for items from Alice in Wonderland.
- Time the scavenger hunt and continuously tell the kids "You're Late, You're Late.
Tea Cup/Sugar Cube Skeeball
- Arrange teacups in a vertical line and write (or tape) a number on each cup.
- The further the cup the higher the number.
the children sugar cubes and have them stand at a designated point.
Have them toss the sugar cubes into the teacups to receive points from
- The child with the highest points is the winner. (Note: use plastic tea cups)
Mad Hatter Toss
- You will need to divide the children into teams of 2.
- You will need 2 Mad Hatter Hats and 1 small ball for each team.
- Have the children toss the ball to each other catching the ball with the hat.
- The team that tosses the ball the longest without it hitting the ground wins.
Find Cheshire Cat
- Print photos of a Cheshire Cat off the internet then hide them around the party area.
- Have the kids look for the cat.
- Whoever finds the most photos wins.
- Organize a few card games among the kids like "Go Fish" or "Uno".
Alice In Wonderland Party Food
Finger sandwiches cut into the shapes of diamonds, hearts, clubs and spades (use cookie cutters)
Ice tea served in teapots with teacups.
Mini burgers (sliders)
Mini hot dogs
Share your Alice In Wonderland party tips!
We would love to hear about your Alice in Wonderland parties! Share ideas, tips, pictures and more.
Return to Creative Party Theme Ideas from Alice In Wonderland Party.
Return to Clever Kids Party Home Page from Alice in Wonderland Party.