1) Decorate with a patriotic theme. Use red, white and blue tableware, tablecloths etc.
2) Scatter star confettie on your tables.
3) Make flag bouquets for your centerpieces.
4) Display jars filled with red, white and blue candy such as jelly beans.
Yankee Musical Chairs
Capture the Flag
Barbecue - chicken, hamburgers, hot dogs
Corn on the Cob
Red, white and blue Jell-O
1 9x13 white or yellow cake
4 cups of strawberries
2 cups of blueberries
Whipped topping or whipped cream(enough to cover the cake)
1) Remove the stems from the strawberries and blueberries. Cut the strawberries in half.
2) Spread the whipped topping over the cake (you can use white icing if you prefer).
3) In the top left hand corner of the frosted cake, arrange the blueberries into an outline of a rectangle that is 5 inches wide and 4 inches tall.
4) Fill in the rectangle by placing the blueberries in rows.
5) Place the strawberries (cut side down) in rows across the cake horizontally. Start the first row of strawberries at the bottom of the cake. Be sure to press the strawberries down into the frosting.
When presenting the cake add sparklers for a festive touch.
1 package instant vanilla pudding
4 cups fresh berries (strawberries, blueberries and raspberries), washed and stems removed, plus 1/2 cup berries for garnish
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 cup whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
24 to 36 ladyfingers
1) Prepare the pudding according to the package directions and put in the refrigerator to chill.
2) Slice the strawberries then toss all of the berries with the lemon juice and the 1/4 cup of sugar. Set aside for 30 minutes to allow the berries to release their juices.
3) In a medium mixing bowl, whip the cream, vanilla extract, and remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar until soft peaks form. Set aside.
4) To make the layers, set a layer of ladyfingers on the bottom of a large, clear serving bowl. Top with the berries and then with half of the pudding. Add another layer of ladyfingers, another third of the berries and juice, and the rest of the pudding. Add a final layer of ladyfingers and berries. Top with the whipped cream and a berry garnish.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.